Autumn is here and, while we loved the long, hot summer, there are plenty of reasons to embrace the new season…
1. Cosy Knitwear – We love layers and there’s nothing better than throwing on a nice warm outfit and facing the crisp air in style. Fisherman Out of Ireland is a great example and this season we’ve added it to our line-up. The brand, based in Ireland, uses the finest local materials to make luxurious men’s knitwear that is unbelievably cosy. Cocoa Cashmere is a great option for women, the bold, playful designs are unlike any other and, not only are they made from beautiful cashmere, they also offer full traceability.
2. Hot drinks – Talking of cocoa… Autumn is a great time to indulge in your favourite hot drinks, from traditional hot chocolate to the trendy pumpkin spice latte. Our selection of Old English Company mugs are definitely a must-buy if you want to take your cuppa to the next level (and they’re oh-so-Instagrammable!)
3. Hygge – The Danish word used to describe a feeling or moment, alone or with friends, that is cosy, calm and special. It’s all about setting the mood and we think Skandinavisk candles are absolutely perfect for creating an atmosphere and indulging in a bit of “hygge”. Why not throw on a pair of warm socks for good measure?
4. Carbs – Pasta Bake, Shepard’s Pie, Casserole. It’s the season of hearty dishes and we couldn’t be happier. If you fancy a little after-dinner treat, then Pump Street Bakery chocolate is the perfect indulgence. Made locally in sunny Suffolk, the bakery make small batches of handmade chocolate from beans imported directly to them from family farms and cooperatives around the world.
5. Halloween – Nothing feels more autumnal than visiting a pumpkin patch to select the perfect specimen for carving. Whether you spend Halloween perfecting your pumpkin, trick-or-treating with the kids or snuggled up on the sofa watching scary movies, Halloween is the epitomy of autumn.
6. New TV shows – It’s that time of year when all the good TV shows are back and rainy days mean ample opportunity to stay inside to binge-watch your favourites.
7. Colours – Rich, dark hues are flattering and a welcome contrast to the pastels that line the shelves all summer. You only have to glance at our New In section to see the beautiful array of burgundy, green and navy that is on offer this season.
8. Guy Fawkes Night – Whether you visit Christchurch Park or further afield, you’re never too old to enjoy the magic and wonder of Fireworks Night. The smell of the bonfire, the piping hot food and all the fun of the fair contribute to making this one of our favourite nights of the year – just make sure you wrap up warm!
9. Cool Evenings – Warm summer nights are gone and the high tog duvet makes an appearance. As temperatures drop, it gets harder and harder to leave behind your warm, cosy bed and venture into the outside world each morning but we wouldn’t want it any other way.
10. The Countdown to.. – We daren’t say the word quite yet but soon enough we’ll be counting down the days until the 25th December (and we can’t wait to show you what we’ve got in store for you this year…)